How to Prevent Android Data Loss | Causes and Recovery
Any smartphone that runs the Android mobile operating system is referred to as Android smartphones. Whereas any tablet that runs Android OS is referred to as an Android tablet. In this post, we will see what are the causes of Android data loss and different ways of preventing data loss.
Today we have a number of handset manufacturers that manufacture Android phones and tablets. Brands such as Acer, Alcatel, Asus, Google, Gionee, Vivo, Xiaomi, Oppo, Lenovo, Motorola, Micromax, Nexus, HTC, Samsung, Sony, Huawei, LG, Lava, ZTE, etc. are the ones that are popularly known for manufacturing quality Android devices.
They are into a regular practice of manufacturing Android devices with the latest versions. With time, it will become available for more and more devices and will increase in the coming months. However, despite the advancement of Android mobile OS, you lose data from your smartphones or tablets in different ways.
Well! Why losing Android data is disastrous?
Your Android device contains exceedingly important data. It includes Contacts, Messages (SMS), Documents, WhatsApp data (photos, videos, documents, and messages), Gallery data (photos and videos), etc. Even though Whatsapp is so popular there are many messenger Apps alternatives to Whatsapp. When the loss of these data takes place, your Android device becomes useless.
And true it is, you go in a state of despair with such an incident has occurred. You desperately wish to get those data back and lose your patience to recover them as soon as possible. Without much delay, you simply wish to have an Android phone recovery service from the best service provider.
Before we delve into Android data recovery, let us identify the causes of data loss from Android devices.
Causes of Android Data Loss
Let’s see what are the scenarios that lead to data loss in Android devices.
- Factory Reset –
A Factory Reset is one scenario that causes loss of all data from your Android device, be it Contacts, Gallery, SMS Messages, or any other data. However, this does not mean that data is lost forever or has been erased.
- Broken Mobile Components –
Broken, chipped, or chewed mobile components is another significant reason for data loss from Androids. Still, Android phone data recovery and as well as tablet data recovery is possible.
- Virus Infected Android Devices –Virus-infected Android devices also cause loss of data. They attack your phone/tablet or the memory card placed within it and corrupt the saved data or make them inaccessible.
- Water Spill –
If water spills over your Android device, there are chances that the data you saved in it goes missing or becomes inaccessible. Even the files may get corrupt and fail to open properly.
- Fire Burnt –
The fire burnt Android devices is another scenario that leads to loss or inaccessibility of data on your smartphones or tablets. You might be aware of the Samsung smartphone explosion. You can read the science behind smartphone fire.
- File Deletion –
You may accidentally delete important data such as Contacts and Messages, files such as photos, music files, videos, documents, and WhatsApp data by selecting the Delete command. You may also face complete data loss if you execute the ‘Delete All’ option on your Android device.
- Improper Ejection of micro SD Card –
Wrong or improper removal of memory card from your Android devices may also lead to loss of all files saved on it and hence your Android device. Also, the insertion of a corrupt memory card can cause loss of data from your Android device.
- System Files Malfunction –
Malfunctioning of system files is yet another significant reason for damaging your files in Android devices, thereby, making them inaccessible.
As you now know the reason for data loss from Android devices, you can follow certain tips to prevent data loss. Get a glimpse of them in the next section before we finally delve into the best way to recover data from Android devices.
[Tips] How to Prevent Data Loss from Android Devices?
To avoid data loss from Android phone in the future, follow the below-mentioned tips:
- Maintain a backup of your important Android data such as Contacts list, SMS, photos, videos, music files. You can use your PC or any other device to store the backup data.
- There are so many Android photo-sharing apps. you can use cloud services like Google drive to save photos.
- Avoid capturing pictures or recording videos when the battery backup is low on your Android smartphone.
- Check and ensure that you are not removing the desired data before you go for Deletion or formatting your Android device. Also, you can avoid accidental deletion or formatting with the ‘Write Protect’ feature of your memory card. Moreover, several applications offering the ‘Write Protect’ feature to the memory card are available online.
- Install a quality antivirus program on your Android device. Plus, do not connect it to any other system that is infected with the virus.
- Do not remove or eject memory card improperly from your Android device. And do not insert a corrupt memory card or that is infected with a virus into your Android device.
Now, here is the solution to recover data from Android devices if data loss still happens. And that is Android Data Recovery services by expert recovery providers!
Related Read: How to Make Your Smartphone Faster?
How to Recover Data from Android Devices?
Android data recovery services by third-party recovery providers, indeed, is the best thing that you can do. Nonetheless, you need to look for the one that renders useful service.
To recover your Android data such as Contacts, Photos, Music files, Videos, WhatsApp data, SMS, documents, and others there are various data recovery services available. You can obtain one of them.
The professionals can recover data from dead, broken, or even water damaged Android devices.
Here are all the causes of Android data loss and prevention. If you have lost data, how’s your experience or how did you recover it? Write in a comment below.