What is IPTV? Advantages of IPTV and Classification of IPTV
What are the Advantages of IPTV and Classification of IPTV?
Advancement of IPTV with modernization and alteration of technology
The official definition approved the International Telecommunication Union focus group on IPTV is as follows:
IPTV is defined as multimedia services such as television/video/audio/text/graphics/data delivered over IP (internet protocol) based networks managed to provide the required level of quality of service and experience, security, interactivity and reliability.
It is a system through which television services are delivered using the internet protocol suite over a packet switching network such as the internet, instead of delivered through traditional terrestrial, satellites signal and cable television formats.
Let’s see the classification and advantages of IPTV that makes it so special…
Classification of IPTV:
- Live television:
Live streaming means broadcasting as it happens. It’s like watching live television on the computer screen. In this kind of format, we can’t pause or skip through the broadcast that doesn’t interest us.
- Video on demand:
This is similar to the playlist. Here videos, clips or episodes are arranged by titles or in categories like news, sports or music videos.
Why go for IPTV?
IPTV is gaining popularity at a faster rate and is out casting the traditional mode of television services. Major reasons why IPTV is being widely adopted are:
- The widespread adoption and usability of broadband.
- The internet accessibility has become very easy and user-friendly.
- The dynamic competition between traditional telephone service providers and cable service providers to provide a combined service of data, voice, video, and communication.
Advantages of IPTV:
- One of the advantages of IPTV is its capability to get easily integrated with other IP-based services such as VOIP or high-speed internet.
- It uses the existing computer network. Hence, no use of cables and is hassle free.
- It distributes live or prerecorded TV and video/audio over the preexisting network.
- Content remains in the network and only the content that the consumer selects gets delivered to the customer.
- The consumer has a greater choice over what they want to watch because of higher functionality and content than regular broadcast or cable television services.
- It’s a two-way communication where the consumer will be able to interact with the service provider. For example, a consumer can request for watching a movie from the TV guide and the service gets delivered to him. This service is known as a movie rental.
- One of the most interesting features of IPTV is the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) and the Personal Video Recorder (PVR) which is fully interactive to the consumer’s personal needs. It provides fascinating elements like pause, forward, rewind and even program recording facilities while watching a movie or even a program.
- The best thing about IPTV-based services is that it is compatible with all display devices which includes TV, LCD displays, projectors and computer displays and ultimately succeed in delivering digital quality video.
- There is no limitation to viewing points i.e. it lets you move around the display units after being connected to the nearest IT network point.
- All these features make IPTV more cost-effective, robust and scalable.
IPTV is getting much more popularity. We can find all the reason behind the screen as advantages of IPTV. IPTV service providers will continuously grow to gain popularity as its flexibility and reach delivers more benefits to the consumers in comparison to the traditional and standard television sets which limits to watching television only.,