Magento empowers almost 10% of e-commerce websites. And the number is sure to rise in the coming years, considering the features and benefits that this framework provides.
However, following the acquisition of Magento by Adobe for a whopping amount of $1.68 billion, many online stores are at crossroads.
Should they move to Migrate to Magento 2 or explore their e-commerce business yet again or what should be their immediate step and whatnot.
They are haunted by all sorts of questions about how this deal would affect the e-commerce industry.
No doubt that these queries are perfectly reasonable especially when there is nothing wrong with the original Magento platform. But the only problem is that its lifespan has ended already on June 30, 2020.
Of course, with the change, Magento can use Adobe’s cloud technologies and cloud tools.
Moreover, Magento 2 is much superior to its predecessor. If you are still stuck with the outdated version, then your business is at multiple security risks.
Your CMS will be without support, hence more vulnerable, and your online store can get hacked, risking customer data, and your brand image.
The security concerns are the primary factor that leading stores. Land Rover, Pino’s, and more have already updated their websites.
You might think that the migration process can be tricky and complicated.
Yes, your worries are not baseless but with the right and reliable migration partner to help you, you make the journey smoother and software upgrades can boost your business.
Before we dive further into the benefits of Magento 1 to Magento 2 migration for your business, we have explained Magento 2 briefly. Have a look:
Table of Contents
What Is Magento 2?
As most of you already know that Magento 2 is the latest version of an e-commerce platform used by over 25% of online stores, i.e., 1 in every 4 businesses.
It was officially released in November 2015 and received immense popularity because of its user-friendly interface.
Soon, developers and business owners embraced Magento 2 for e-commerce website development and it became a preferred choice.
Magneto Editions | Price and Cost
It has 3 separate editions which include:
1. Magento 2 Open Source
It was formerly known as Community Edition and is a free version. It is perfect for existing small businesses or the ones that want to start from scratch.
2. Magento 2 Enterprise Edition
This is a premium edition that can be customized for medium and large enterprises that want advanced features and tailored tools.
It includes all the features of open-source and also offers many additional ones, such as extensive management tools and marketing options.
Business owners have to pay a minimum of $22,000 a year which is a beginning price to use this version.
The amount is higher than SaaS systems but the features included in it are worth the investment.
3. Enterprise Cloud Edition
This is a Platform-as-a-service platform that eliminates all the restrictions for self-hosting and allows scalable, rapid, customized, and secure storefronts.
It offers all the features of Enterprise edition but the prices are quoted even higher than it.
5 Benefits of Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration
Now that you are familiar with Magento 2. Let’s see why you must seek Magento 2 migration service without any delay and move to the latest version:
1. Enhanced Performance
The most obvious yet the most important reason to switch to Magento 2 is improved performance.
There is no denying the fact that this latest version is far better than and superior to Magento 1 in all aspects and enhances the performance of the website by 20%.
- The platform is equipped with an improved indexer that contributes to query performance speed and it also uses Varnish cache, an HTTP accelerator technology that simplifies the cache requests.
- With Magento Migration, your online store can witness significant growth with full-page caching, and reduced server load.
- The migration can do wonders for large and leading e-commerce websites that display thousands of products.
- Also, user experience increases and you can drive maximum traffic to your site with better SEO ranking. If you want to drive traffic to your eCommerce website. you have to focus primarily on SEO.
2. Improved User Experience
Did you face navigation issues with the original version? The ones with a lack of technical skills might even have a hard time understanding it, right?
That is where Magento 2 brings a positive change for you all.
Earlier, many non-technical users had difficulty finding anything on the platform and the reason behind it was its admin interface.
- Magento 2 has introduced improvements in this aspect with its cleaner user-friendly interface. One can easily find tools and add new products.
- You can sort products with a new grid view and with Excel, you can use a new user interface too.
There are so many ways you can improve user experience of your website.
We are sure with such a great benefit, you don’t want to miss Magento solution service for your e-commerce website, do you?
3. Streamlined Checkout Process
Unlike Magento 1 that had a six-step checkout process, Magento 2 has a safe and straightforward system.
We must accept that earlier, it was a strenuous process for all the buyers, even the most patient and determined ones. But with this new version, you get the best way out of that issue.
- The platform recognizes users which further eliminates the login and registration step every time.
- Also, it offers an active shipping rate based on location or delivery address.
- Online businesses can integrate any e-wallet payment system into the checkout system.
Users tend to avoid websites with restrictions and obstacles in their shopping experience and soon switch to a better platform.
With all the unnecessary barriers eliminated, there is no stumbling block to your path to success.
4. Responsive Design
We all know the importance of responsive design. With more and more people shifting to mobile shopping, you cannot compromise on the responsiveness of your e-commerce portal.
Hence, you need a solution that can build mobile-friendly and compatible websites.
Even Google has introduced a mobile-first indexing policy so making your store accessible through smartphones is crucial.
- With the migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2, you offer your clients a platform that performs well on every device, irrespective of operating system and size.
- All your images and content will display seamlessly on all sorts of devices and you can reach more potential customers.
- Moreover, the admin panel in Magento 2 is touch-friendly which makes the website easy to use on any tab or phone.
Following standard web design practices for e-commerce can boost your business.
5. Support Ending for Magento 1
All the debates and arguments for and against the migration are of no use now when Magento has stopped all the support for the older version after June 30.
So, even if you are happy and satisfied with Magento 1, you might face security and hacking issues.
Yes, you can run the website or software but in case of any bugs or technical glitch or security breach, you have to handle the situation on your own, there is no support.
The bugs won’t be fixed. No new updates will be introduced. And no guarantee will be provided.
We have learned about the benefits of Magento 1 to Magento 2 migration. Honestly, there is no point arguing about the migration when the company has ended its support.
Yes, your website might work smoothly right now and the older version might work for you but soon, you will face issues.
The platform will be vulnerable to hackers and security threats, putting your entire e-commerce business at risk.
Therefore, if you wish to continue with the platform for long, you must start planning for the migration now.