IBM Placement paper – candidates experience
I am Nilesh Bundele here, sharing my experience about IBM placement paper for IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
Candidate Experience :-
The drive was on 19 January 2013.
One week ago, I received Invitation letter to participate this drive from IBM because this drive was Reference drive. I had forwarded my resume to my Senior Smruti Wankhade earlier,she referred me for this and she has experience of 1 year in IBM. So it is advisable always to give your resume to your Seniors who are working in TOP IT Industries.
Actually drive was on 19th and 20th of Jan-2013.Both days were reserved for First 2 rounds,which were:-
1)Online Aptitude Test
2)Online Communication Test
1) Online Aptitude Test:-
In Online Aptitude Test, there were
- 18 questions of Quantitative Aptitude and
- 18 questions on Numerical Series (i.e find the next No in the series or find odd man out.)
Important thing which i want to share with you is that there was Timer for each question. This Timer was of Two minutes and 30 seconds.All rounds were Knockout.
2) Online Communication Test:-
After clearing my First round there was Online Communication Test which was in the evening after 4 hrs of First round because there were around 2 thousands students participated in this drive. In Second round there were questions on
- English Grammar such as Change the voice or identify whether active voice or passive voice.
- some questions were on Business letters for ex, at end of business letter is there sincerely or regards..etc.
- Some questions were on arrange following statements and
There were 4 options so from this we have to choose the correct order.
After these 2 rounds,they told us that if u will clear your 2nd round then you will be called within next 6 days. After 2 days i got call from IBM HR whose name is Mr.Satish. He told me that u have cleared your second round and has been shortlisted for next rounds which were GD-Group Discussion followed by Interview.He told me that you have to come tomorrow at sharp 9 AM. So i went there at Sharp 9 AM, but GD started on 10 AM.
3) GD :-
Topic for GD was “Corruption The Way of Life in India.”
I also want to give you some tips about GD.
- It is better to hear some points from another person so that You will be cleared about Topic ,means what exactly we have to speak because some times what happens many people gets diverted from main topic.
- you are really clear about given topic then you can also start to speak on given topic. Main thing while starting is that you have to first of all give meaning or exact definition about topic.
- Another important is that you also have to give importance to others points means you have to listen their points also.
- While talking in GD always give 2-3 examples it is always better.
- It is also important that your pronunciation must also be clear because this is also checked by them and also there is mark for this.
- At the end we must conclude it that whether it should be or it should not be and never be neutral,take one side always in GD.
- Also try to avoid But word while speaking in GD.
There were 12 members in my GD group,they took 10 out of 12 and I was one of them.
4) Personal interview:-
Finally they called me for Personal interview. The interview was very interesting. First of all HR asked about myself.
- Then he asked me about my Mail-Id, he asked me that what is 7011 in your email-id.I told answer.
- Then he asked me about my project,also asked 2-3 questions on it.
- Then HR asked me what were you doing since last 9 months, i told answer.
- Then he asked some questions on SQL queries.
The total time he took for this interview was 15 minutes only. After half and hour they told us result,and finally in this way i got placed in IBM.
All the best to you all 🙂
IBM placement paper