Wamp Server is not itself a software but it is integration of multiple softwares. It includes Window, Apache Server, MySQL databse, PHP language. Over all integrated software provides web development platform where we can develop different types of websites or web applications on own desktop. As it includes multiple web development softwares, it is not plug and play software. To function it properly it is need configure well. In this post we discuss how to install and configure wamp server on your system.
Wamp server is available for both 32 bit and 64 bit system. You can download wamp server from its official site. (Link : http://www.wampserver.com/en/). If you are installing Wamp Server first time, it is need to do some work around to install wamp server tool kit. Many of us will get error while installing wampserver software as “installation the program can”t start because msvcr100.dll is missing from your computer”. Here configuration to resolve this issue and run Wamp Server software without any error is fair challenge.
While installing if you gets error as
“installation the program can”t start because msvcr100.dll is missing from your computer”,
Don”t get Panic! Go though following guidelines.
1) Close all the program running on your machine.
2) Uninstall Wamp Server software (if you have already installed).
3) Set your default browser as Internet Explorer before the installation. Later you can change system default browser to your own interest.
4) Install Microsoft Visual C 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86). It is freeware package provided by Microsoft. ( link to the VC redistributable : Click Here )
5) Make sure no other programs are using port 80 (Such as Skype, IIS…etc).
Wamp server uses default port 80. So it may raises port conflict with other software that are already installed and using same port. You can check which software is using port 80, through Apache>Service>Test Port 80. If you find some other software is using port 80, just uninstall that software. (If you need, you can install that software after wamp server installation.)
6) Reboot the machine.
7) Run the Wamp as an administrator.
It is good to run Wamp Server software as an administrator. (Note : If we run any application as administrator, it provides full system privileges.)
8) While installation of wamp server it may ask you to select Explorer.exe, you all need to click on Open button. By default it will open the location as c:\windows.
Hopefully this will resolve your issue if you go though all above guidelines. Now you are read to explore your web designing skill with wamp server. Still your problem has not resolved, feel free to give comment or feedback. We will love to assist you at our best of. It is high rated web development environment. In next post I will explain how to create web application or run website offline (on localhost) using wamp server.